Seasoning Red vs. White oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm assuming it's lowland red, as i live along the coast in south jersey. i split it pretty big and stacked it single stack in the best place i have. it will get about 90% sun and the full brunt of the wind off the river. i figure i won't cover it till 2016 and not even start picking at it till 2017. if it's not ready i'll wait it out, no real rush. i know there are a lot of variables to consider, i can't control the humidity but i can give the best chance i can to season quick. 95% of what i can get is oak, so my motto currently is to just get as much as i can asap. it'll season eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.