Secondaries on the Summitt !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sport of Kings!!

IMG_0490.JPG

Reactions: Osagebndr
My temps will run from 600-750 and it'll cruise at 600-650 when I'm burning it hot

We just bought our Summitt. I wasn't sure what expect but, everyone had only positive remarks on them.
I'm still learning the stove but, it seems that the sweet spot is around that 600-700 range and she cruises for while at that temp and then tapers off.
We are very happy with ours . We love it so far.

It's an animal .I was a little ify at first but as I've been learning its quirks I've been seeing its performance increase. I was burning a reg buck before and that stove could put out the heat also. The summit is just a different animal altogether and it loves well seasoned wood where the buck really didn't matter what was put in it. Glad you like your stove tho I know we do

That's funny because we were considering a buck. I did not care for the shape! They sort of taper toward the back for some reason. Fronts wider than the rear of the stove?
We looked at everything on the current market. Blaze King, Buck, US Stove, Englander, Lopi, ect.
It was between the Lopi, Blaze King and the the PE . We wasn't sure we wanted another cat stove so the wife liked the looks of the PE and I liked the larger fire box and positive reviews So, that's how we ended up with it. It is different but, we are very happy. I'm teaching the wife how to operate it. She absolutely loves it... !
Wish we had talked a few months back.. Lol

That's where I was and really liking hard at the BK King ultra but the price tag killed it. The warranty in the summit and the price took it. I like a good warranty!

Yep you got it brother ! I forgot about the warranty ... It is hard to beat.
I can't say anything bad on the Summitt. So far so good. We are very pleased at this point.
We haven't had a hard winter yet here but, from what I've seen so far this stove will do fine. Ready for a weeks of single digit temps . Lol
It's has already impressed me compared to our old 23 year old earth stove.
I have to admitt I was sceptical when we were shopping . I would recommend the Summitt to anyone who was thinking of a replacement stove to meet the need of heating 2000 plus sqft on a 24/7 basis.

Yep you got it brother ! I forgot about the warranty ... It is hard to beat.
I can't say anything bad on the Summitt. So far so good. We are very pleased at this point.
We haven't had a hard winter yet here but, from what I've seen so far this stove will do fine. Ready for a weeks of single digit temps . Lol
It's has already impressed me compared to our old 23 year old earth stove.
I have to admitt I was sceptical when we were shopping . I would recommend the Summitt to anyone who was thinking of a replacement stove to meet the need of heating 2000 plus sqft on a 24/7 basis.

That's good to hear! I'm waiting for my summit insert to come in and I would like it to heat roughly 2600 sq ft. Really only concerned with the lower floor. Sounds like it's up to the task.

That's good to hear! I'm waiting for my summit insert to come in and I would like it to heat roughly 2600 sq ft. Really only concerned with the lower floor. Sounds like it's up to the task.
I can't vouch for the insert however; if its anything like the free standing stove it should do just fine.. We don't have a blower on ours and its is doing a great job so far. Best of luck !

I c
I can't vouch for the insert however; if its anything like the free standing stove it should do just fine.. We don't have a blower on ours and its is doing a great job so far. Best of luck !
I
Can tell you we have ours on a masonry flue and its working flawlessly. I was concerned about how it would perform on our flue but , it's is doing great.

This is a medium load after couple hrs. Got the air cracked slightly Should put out heat until 9 pm when I start my night fire

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 125
Depends on outside temps for me on heat time usually 7-12 hrs and the house is still 70-72 when I get up

The coldest night since we installed the stove was 18 degrees. I got a easy 10 over night burn.
The real test will be when highs are in teens and twenties and lows will be in single digits. We have only had two nights with that low of a temp so far this winter.

This has me excited to finally get mine installed (when it comes in!)
I have a masonry flue and probably less than perfect draft and this stove works great !
I'm sure you'll have no problem with it heating. And it does put out "HEAT"
I don't have a blower and wouldn't need to use it if I had one.

I have a masonry flue and probably less than perfect draft and this stove works great !
I'm sure you'll have no problem with it heating. And it does put out "HEAT"
I don't have a blower and wouldn't need to use it if I had one.
How'd you go bout breaking your stove in? Couple small to medium fires beforehand?

I had a couple small fires . First was 250 second was 400 last was 500give or take on all this. Didn't really have a paint smell maybe slight odor

How'd you go bout breaking your stove in? Couple small to medium fires beforehand?
I did a small fire first, then two medium fires.
You will need to open windows due to the fumes from the paint curing . The fumes are pretty harsh. It will get better with each fire.. Just try to get the stove temp to around 300 on your first fire.
Our stove still gives off a faint odor but its hardly noticeable.
I had a couple small fires . First was 250 second was 400 last was 500give or take on all this. Didn't really have a paint smell maybe slight odor
Ours had a very strong odor.. But, got better with next couple fires

I did a small fire first, then two medium fires.
You will need to open windows due to the fumes from the paint curing . The fumes are pretty harsh. It will get better with each fire.. Just try to get the stove temp to around 300 on your first fire.
Our stove still gives off a faint odor but its hardly noticeable.

Ours had a very strong odor.. But, got better with next couple fires
I'm gonna have a small fire or two see how things go. Then give it all she's got

Status
Not open for further replies.