See through insert...is there such a thing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lenwlod

Sep 13, 2011
Michigan
I have searched this site and have not found my answer so I am throwing the question out there. I have an FMI Windsor see through wood burning fireplace that really does not burn too well and also throw off a lot of smoke when the doors are open. We would like to possibly install an insert taht would be loadable from one side. The other side would not need a door. JUCA used to make such an insert but they appear to be out of business. Any other manufacturers of such a product? Would welcome any other suggestions/advise. Thanks!

There are a couple in Europe. But nobody here that I have seen makes one. Too small of a market for them to make it worth what it would take to make one and make it EPA compliant.

Same here, can't say I have ever seen an insert 2 sided , though it would ne nice to see one of the major companies make one. I like the see through fireplace, aesthetically not so much for a good heat source.

What a let down when I saw "see-thru" in the title I expected so much more (or less).. :)

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.