Selection and installation of propane insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claryal

Apr 5, 2015
Fairview, TX
Have to replace my Kuma wood burner with a propane insert and would like a unit that has high efficiency and heat output. Problem is the fireplace is in the center of a two story home - 30ft plus chimney. What do you experts suggest? How difficult is the installation? The fireplace was / is wood burning capable and also has a propane gas feed available. Looking for suggestions.

Have to replace my Kuma wood burner with a propane insert and would like a unit that has high efficiency and heat output. Problem is the fireplace is in the center of a two story home - 30ft plus chimney. What do you experts suggest? How difficult is the installation? The fireplace was / is wood burning capable and also has a propane gas feed available. Looking for suggestions.

In my opinion and as a propane user myself this is where IPI really shines. Given a 1200 btu pilot the insert will use 9 gallons of propane a month to fuel a standing pilot. The four highest efficiency direct vent inserts are Mendota.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.