Selkirk DT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck_22

Feeling the Heat
Feb 4, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hi all, I already have an 8 inch hole in the foundation, will that accommodate the Selkirk DT pipe?

Thanks

What kind of hole is the 8" hole? Out a foundation wall to the outside or an opening to a chimney? Either will work, but there are different installations for each.

Thanks for your reply, it is through the foundation wall, in other words the venting would be straight up and out. Would I need some kind of thimble or it would go right through and fill the void with some kind of sealing material?

DSC00698.JPG DSC00699.JPG Here is my set-up. I'm going thru a masonry chimney, but yours would be basically the same. I have to mix and match the different Selkirk venting to get what I need. If you call Selkirk they can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.