Selkirk vent pipe with Vacuum T-cleanout how to clean

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2074

Feb 21, 2014
Eagle River,WI
I have a XXV with a Selkirk vent pipe with a Vacuum T-clean out the vents straight up through the roof. The T is at the base of the vent pipe. Is there a way to get a brush in to clean vent pipe with out going up on roof. I clean stove weekly and put the vacuum hose on the T nipple clean out. Now I have gone thru a ton and want to make sure the vent pipe is clean also.

Looking for ideas. Thanks

I'm thinking most the ash build-up will be around that vacuum t. Pulling the combustion blower would allow you to clean between the t and the blower (spare gasket likely required). I'm sure others would chime in...

I'm thinking that the only way to do it is to remove the clean out cap and push it up through or like on a previous post, from the roof down..

Status
Not open for further replies.