sequoia 2160 Cat wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky985

Nov 28, 2005
I was given a sequia 2160 wood stove It was used as a fireplace insert. I have the legs new in their packing
My question is on the rear of the stove is an opening with 3 screw holes for the blower fan but looking straight on to the stove from the front
there is also a hole to the right of this fan opening a little higher up it has not screw holes around it
What is this second hole in the rear of this
stove used for???? I have a picture but can't seem to upload it
it says it exceeds the size for an attachment so i can email a pic
if that helps

If the hole you are talking about is three inches in diameter with a slot in it, it is the port for attaching an outside air source to the stove.

Thank you One more question. When it is being used as a wood stove not an insert do I have to attach anything to it or just leave it open the way it is
and operate it as normal
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.