Serenity stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pengem

Jan 16, 2017
PA
Hello! I'm having problems w/my newly installed Serenity. Everything starts out good but then about 15-20 minutes after the blower starts, the alarm goes off saying "ignite fail". It was blowing the pellets out of burn pot and I adjusted airflow gate and turned down exhaust voltage and still got same results. Can anybody help me please?

I'm a bit confused on the time line. 15 to 20 minutes after the blower starts? Meaning the room blower is blowing warm air for 15 to 20?

Ignition should be long since gone by then. But if you mean the alarm goes off after flame has started, but just as the room fan starts, the alarm goes off, then I wonder if you have a flame sensor issue.

Make sure your door seal is good and that you have followed the instructions for removing all the shipping tapes and pads.

The owners manual does have a trouble shooting section. See if anything in there helps first.

I'm a bit confused on the time line. 15 to 20 minutes after the blower starts? Meaning the room blower is blowing warm air for 15 to 20?

Ignition should be long since gone by then. But if you mean the alarm goes off after flame has started, but just as the room fan starts, the alarm goes off, then I wonder if you have a flame sensor issue.

Make sure your door seal is good and that you have followed the instructions for removing all the shipping tapes and pads.

The owners manual does have a trouble shooting section. See if anything in there helps first.

Yes 15-20 minutes after it is blowing warm air. I don't know if I missed any pads or tapes, I didn't receive any instructions. Under diagnostics the only thing highlighted is "limit".

Agree with the flame sensor problem - be it snap switch or thermocouple, or whatever.

Yes 15-20 minutes after it is blowing warm air. I don't know if I missed any pads or tapes, I didn't receive any instructions. Under diagnostics the only thing highlighted is "limit".

My owners manual says "limit" means pellet hopper lid. Is the dot on the side solid or open beside the work limit?
Make sure you have the lid all the way down tight. No pellets under the rim that cause it to be open even a little bit. This is important as the pellet hopper is a direct conduit to the burn chamber. There is a seal around the edge of the lid and a small switch in one of the corners. Make sure the lid is closed all the way.

Sounds like the ignition cycle is timing out because the proof of fire switch is not detecting enough heat. Luckily the serenity comes with a second switch installed that you can try switching to.

Sounds like the ignition cycle is timing out because the proof of fire switch is not detecting enough heat. Luckily the serenity comes with a second switch installed that you can try switching to.
I'm actually on the phone right now with Ardisam and we just tried that but it didn't work. He is not sure what is going on.

Your in good hands then if your talking to Ardisam, they will get you fixed up.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Did they get you fixed up

Like my signature indicates best customer service in the business., Glad they are taking care of you.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Hmmm just finished installing my new Serenity and I am experiencing same issue. I hope they didn’t have a run of bad stoves... I sent them an email and will call first chance I get when they are open. Btw love this forum, it helped me to make the decision to try out my new pellet stove. I’ll keep you all posted.