Seton Damper Actuator (Belimo)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMann

Hearth Supporter
Jun 27, 2008
Southern PA
I am all but finished with my setup. One thing has me stumped. I have the power hooked up to a plug and connected to the outlet and the Damper Actuator plugged in (Belimo 120).

I'm not sure how the actuator works. It has the damper and vents shut and does not seem to respond when starting a fire, hence no draft, no fire. Can someone help me out on this one?

The Belimo is controled by the #1 aquastat, with low water temp, the #1 aquastat makes closes the curcuit and gives the Belimo power to open the damper door. High water temp. the #1 aqustat opens the curcuit and the belimo closes the damper door. hope that helped. double check your wiring

Will do, thanks. It came pre-wired.

Keep us posted on the Setons performance as well as learning curve. Some pics would be nice.
Thanks
Will

I called into Bethel Engineering to discuss the issue with the damper actuator (this is controlled by aquastat #1). The sales person that I spoke to explained that the wiring was set incorrectly at the plant before it was shipped. Attached is a .bmp file showing the correction (simple).

Attachments

• Seton Damper Actuator (Belimo)
    Aquastat-wiring-correction-.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 455
check the installation of your belimo,you may have it in backwards. the horseshoe clamp faces outwards. when i installed my seton i almost made that misstake.

I put it on backwards at first. It didn't seem right, so I switched it. I can;t find anywhere in the manual about it. Does your actuator totally close at times? Mine gets close, but never shuts the full way.

you need to set it so when it shuts its pushing against the boiler and the motor winds hard just at the end.

Thanks, I'll be doing that tomorrow when it cools down. I've got to get the kinks while it's still warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.