Sharing Pictures of Fall Splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one impressive woodpile. I'd be so proud of that, I would have to step outside once or twice a day, just to look at it.

Reactions: davidmsem
I'm wondering if you're splitting by hand? What kind of stove you have, neighbor ?

P.S.: You can put your equipment and stove in your signature so we know you better;)

Oh boy...I don't think that I could split that much by hand without a hospital visit! I have the same splitter that you do, same chain saw as well! I updated my signature, thank you for the suggestion.

My neighbor gave me 14 trees that he took down last month. This is the first time that I've used a chain saw.

I only came here last fall to get plans for a woodshed for my conventional fireplace......then in December I had an insert installed, January got a splitter and split some trees I had taken down for me into rounds, and now bucking my own logs. What a website this is!

Reactions: Dmitry
How many cords there? Imma say about 12.

There very well can be.....the shed holds exactly 4 cords.........and I'm estimating the average log length at 16", average height of the stack 4'. I've been thinking it will be between 10 to 12 on hand when complete! I'm new to this, so need to get a few years ahead.

That is one impressive woodpile. I'd be so proud of that, I would have to step outside once or twice a day, just to look at it.

You know, in the evening, I pour a beer or glass of wine and just hang out there. Now I don't feel so silly about that urge.

Last edited:
Reactions: beatlefan
You know, in the evening, I pour a beer or glass of wine and just hang out there. Now I don't feel do silly about that urge.
I do it all the time...my wife thinks I'm nuts. My 16 year old son that helped buck/split all of my 7.5 cords, moaned and groaned the entire time. But something happened the other day. We were walking past the nicely stacked wood on the way to the car and he said, "you know dad, there's something that makes me feel kinda manly when I look at that." Made me feel good.

Reactions: davidmsem
I do it all the time...my wife thinks I'm nuts. My 16 year old son that helped buck/split all of my 7.5 cords, moaned and groaned the entire time. But something happened the other day. We were walking past the nicely stacked wood on the way to the car and he said, "you know dad, there's something that makes me feel kinda manly when I look at that." Made me feel good.
That is a awesome. It makes me feel "I'm not as lazy as I think I am."

I want you to know that I am personally responsible for oil falling from four dollars a gallon to two dollars a gallon. As soon as I began work on the insert and accumulating wood, oil prices crashed. This is a good thing though. I have a 100 mile round-trip commute each day

Status
Not open for further replies.