SHELBURNE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cookstove newby

Jul 23, 2022
NJ
I am looking into the Hearthstone Shelburne stove. it said you can warm up food on it, just wondering if it gets hot enough to cook on it too.

My original plan was to get a DEVA cookstove but it didn't work out, after going to two dealers so I gave up on that idea.

I just started to do some research on it and haven't found anything to discourage me from buying it. Any comments would be appreciated. TIA.

not the most efficient stove if you're trying to cook on it. the stove has a decorative pattern on top so there are air gaps reducing thermal transfer to the cookware. I was able to boil water on it last year during a power outage, but it took awhile.