Shipmate solid fuel boat cook stoves!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwh63

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2019
MA
wondering if anyone has any familiarity with this cool small solid fuel cook stove that would be installed in a boat galley.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is its coal/wood stove. If you are not familiar with this company http://www.marinestove.com/index.htm this may give you an idea that its niche market and folks are willing to wait for one.

Reactions: rwh63
Some day we are getting a boat just so I have a reason to buy one of these little cookers. That stove can burn coal or wood, but wood is better since it lacks a shaker grate. Interesting to see one made on the East Coast, the only boat cookers I know of still in production are on the West Coast, so this must be fairly old. Halibut boat cookstove

Can you post a clearer pic of the front of your stove?

Some day we are getting a boat just so I have a reason to buy one of these little cookers. That stove can burn coal or wood, but wood is better since it lacks a shaker grate. Interesting to see one made on the East Coast, the only boat cookers I know of still in production are on the West Coast, so this must be fairly old. Halibut boat cookstove

Can you post a clearer pic of the front of your stove?
It has a shaker grate that's what that rod coming out the front is for

It has a shaker grate that's what that rod coming out the front is for
Thanks, I must have missed that stub the first time I looked at the pics. It looks like a solid door halibut with the firebox on the opposite side.

thats correct, it has a rotating shaker grate, a protective raised removable bottom panel below the grate, and also a clean out panel on the lowered right side. it is antique.