Short legs for Vermont Castings stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brogsie

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 19, 2007
eastern MA
Does anyone know if you can buy shorter legs for a vermont castings radiant stove newer style?
Any idea where I could find them?
I'm not having much luck on the VC site.

You can always take the legs you have to a metal shop (one that does welding and fabrication is likely to have a power saw to do this) and have them cut to exactly the lenght you want. Lift stove up above leg hight, put on blocks, take off legs, get cut, reinstall.

Thanks Corie
It's a VC Radiance gas stove. It is 28" tall w/existing legs. I would like to put it in my fireplace wich is 26" tall.

Dont think that is going to be a great idea if you want to get some heat out of the unit best to keep it out on the hearth.

I was hoping the blower would shoot the heat out.

even with the blower on it i would still keep it out of the fireplace

stoveguy
thanks, i think your right. sometimes a good deal isn't the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.