1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Show off your stove!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Cooper, Jan 3, 2013.

1. warmhouse2

warmhouse2 Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    100_8249.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lil_geek

lil_geek New Member

Here is our new stove - installed today!

It is a St. Croix Ashton Bay. The living room is nice and toasty tonight and I don't feel too guilty!!

[​IMG]
    becasunshine likes this.
  3. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    Ignore what's on the tv... lol seriously, it was on TBS and it was some pharma commercial.

Anyway, this is my setup just after we put up the tree last month.

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat and DexterDay like this.
  4. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    You get enough power off of 8 panels to run AC? How many watts per panel? How many batteries do you have in the enclosure? I'm in the short strokes of completing my solar back up system with 840 watts to an MPPT controller but no way could I run the AC! A freezer and fridge were my two goals to keep running.

AND your state taxes you for using over 1000kwh a month!??! I'm glad I don't live there! It must be Al Gore-land...... That's ridiculous.
    briansol likes this.
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

My current fire twins - When cousins are two of a kind! Dualing SantaFe's !

I like the SantaFe so much I got another one! When one runs low on wood pellets, Just fire up the other! LOL

Actually, I can use programmable T-Stats and run them alternating each day. That means we can go twice as long without cleaning and twice as long without adding pellets and the stove and parts last twice as long because only half the use! LOL
    Or
    Run then at the same time and get twice as much heat so it takes half as much time keep the room temperature at 70 Deg F! LOL

I am also try to clone them! HaHa

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat likes this.
  6. becasunshine

becasunshine Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Va
    OMG, Don, that's hilarious. WAIT. WAIT. THAT'S TWO BURN POTS. TWO AUGERS, TWO BURN POTS. Somebody else on another thread broke my brain the other day when he started talking about his pellet stove (furnace?) having two burn pots with two augers. NOW YOU GO AND POST THE SAME THING. MY BRAIN IS BROKEN, AGAIN. (It's deja vu all over again!) WHAT IS IT WITH YOU GUYS AND YOUR SOUPED UP PELLET STOVES? :)
  7. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    Actually it is 10 panels and yes I do. And yes I thought that to so "click, click, click, click, click, click" The last sound six electric cash registers make.
    Check your inbox for details about the solar.
  8. small_e_900

small_e_900 New Member

Loc:
    Mudpuddle Maine
  9. robert65

robert65 Member

Loc:
    Central CT
  10. wsj5903

wsj5903 New Member

Loc:
    Whitelaw, WI
    Here is my Harman Accentra FS. Built and installed everything my self. image.jpg
    schoondog, zrtmatos, whlago and 9 others like this.
  11. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Love those lights and mantel, that makes the space so sexy looking! What kind of lights are they and how do you turn them on?
  12. wsj5903

wsj5903 New Member

Loc:
    Whitelaw, WI
    Thanks. The lights going up are Xeon under cabinet lights that are on a dimmer switch and the lights going down are 3" can lights that are also on a dimmer switch. In the picture on the left side of the hearth you can see the switch plate for turning then on and off.
  13. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Very Nice

Here is my hearth with LED rope lights and built in kick space heater that I can use when the stove is down for cleaning! See black grill. It is connected to a T-Stat on the wall. Then added a couple candles on the tiled mantel over cement board.

I used Amber around the top and red around the bottom in a 1/2" overhang slot I built into the hearth.

Click on pic to enlarge and see all the lighting.

Attached Files:

becasunshine likes this.
  14. msh227

msh227 Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Scheduled for a good cleaning today. Here is my 25-PDVC with my hand built mantel/corner shelf

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357393420.210453.jpg
  15. Branson4720

Branson4720 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Watershed, Massachusetts
    Happy cat!:) DSC_6842 (Custom).JPG
  16. lessoil

lessoil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rumford, Maine
    'ol reliable!!

Attached Files:

Cozy Old Coot likes this.
  17. Danny Cathcart

Danny Cathcart Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    Doesn't get any better. Where did you set my coffee?
  18. Danny Cathcart

Danny Cathcart Member

Loc:
    Michigan
  19. lbcynya

lbcynya Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Michigan
    Here's our setup. XXV in the basement and Thelin log burner upstairs.

Click on the image if you want it "jumbo style" :cool:

sxxv.JPG

sxxv2.JPG

sThelin.JPG
    mepellet and Eatonpcat like this.
  20. Fire

Fire Member

Loc:
    NYC
    Picture 135.jpg
  21. CD2011

CD2011 Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    My husband and I have loved seeing everyone else's photos of their pellet stoves, and it's interesting to see where pellets are stored. Here are a couple of photos of our stove. We keep the pellets in the extra large flower pot next to the stove, it holds 2 bags of pellets. We keep the curtain to the right pulled out of the way when using the stove, the big plan is to take out the huge windows and replace with more wall and a regular sized window, maybe next summer.

Attached Files:

Eatonpcat and Danny Cathcart like this.
  22. becasunshine

becasunshine Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Va
    Pretty, CD2011! and I LOVE the flower pot idea- it looks good in your room. Very pretty covers on your crate furniture. Ahhh, crate furniture = indestructible. We had ours for DECADES. Finally gave the last pieces of it to our youngest child when he went to college. Told him it was NOT to come home. Burn it if necessary (but not in the dorm room.) Not sure what happened to it. It didn't come home. I'm betting it's still in the dorm. :)
  23. Danny Cathcart

Danny Cathcart Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    I can already tell, folks feel welcomed in your home. Nice choice of colors :)
    becasunshine likes this.
  24. DemonGT

DemonGT Member

Loc:
    Sparta,WI
    That looks amazing :eek:
  25. CD2011

CD2011 Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Thank you Beca and Dan for the compliments. Dan, I like the black can that you have next to your stove, that is more to my taste than the flowerpot, and I love your wood floors.

Beca, yep, that is This End Up furniture, we've had it for a verrrry long time, and a few years ago we had it reupholstered, which was a major stress inducing project for me since I am "decorator challenged" as well as "color challenged" and "fashion challenged". The previous fabric was flowers on a cranberry background, and I picked the sage green wall color from the leaves. I was determined to find a fabric with similar colors and my husband found this one which has green in it to go with the walls.

Keep warm!!

Cindy