Show your stove some love.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Yes, that is the problem. A HEPA filter will restrict air flow and clog up very quickly! I use dust screens but the ones with wide spacing. Even those have to be cleaned 3 or 4 times a year or they will completely clog up too!

However the screens are easy to clean, just peel or brush the dust off the screen surface.

See screen in blower pic below.

Do I see yet a different configuration on that stove Don?

Do I see yet a different configuration on that stove Don?

Yes, a snorkel with a nice 135 CFM Englander convection blower with Dust Screen! I have 2 friends with that setup on their Saranacs and it works Super!

Not that the location of the high limit switch.

Mine is on the other side and higher.

Not that the location of the high limit switch.

Mine is on the other side and higher.

Strange, all the stoves I have seen have the high limit on the right side. :)

Glad I don't live next door to you..................

Yea, it was messy. A LOT of material came out. I cleaned the inside of the stove very thoroughly. Removed covers and vacuumed out everything, brushed all the surfaces and got everything out. Left everything open and hooked up the LB outside and let 'er rip. Holy hell, what a cloud. Stove runs like a top now though and just hums along keeping us all toasty and warm...at 75°F where my wife needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.