Shutting down maxim pellet boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogy

Hearth Supporter
Mar 22, 2008
vermont
What do i need to do to shut down boiler for summer. Need to know what i should be doing to make it easier to start up in the fall. I will give it a cleaning. but do you do anything speacila besides just cleaning the unit.

Thanks

I will (too much overtime recently) clean all the creosote and ashes I can (someone had a cool rig to hook a wire wheel to a long shaft to run in a drill to clean out the heat exchangers completely) remove the burn pot and clean it, vacuum all the dust out of the augers and hopper, sweep the chimney, cap the chimney, test the water, spray metal protector (amsoil MP, and PB blaster metal protector on different sides of the fire box to test protection) inside the firebox to control rust.
Then I will start buying pellets for next year, and convert the old (1800's) muck pit underneath my garage (small barn) into a pellet storage area by puttin a bulkhead entryway on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.