SIDEARM AQUASTAT QUESTION

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdeq

Apr 23, 2010
northeastern wisconsin
I am plumbing my domestic hot water heater with a sidearm heat exchanger and i am wondering where do I put the aquastat and what type of aquastat would serve this purpose. I have a A419 Johnson control for the boiler. Should I get another one?

Does your side arm feed a storage tank or is it on demand? Are you activating a pump or the boiler to reach your domestic set point?

OH I see it looks like you are feeding your existing DHW Tank. If you are piping a loop. Feeding the tank into the bottom and back again pulling from the top with the flow not being continuous by the pump, you would need a open on temp rise set of contacts referencing it at the tank. Probably no tapping's. :eek:hh:

Status
Not open for further replies.