*sigh* It’s not easy being a guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
Directions? What is this word you speak of IronPony?

Direction, my little papoose means
North
South
East
West.....................

ironpony said:
firefighterjake said:
Directions? What is this word you speak of IronPony?

Direction, my little papoose means
North
South
East
West.....................

Ah, OK . . . that makes sense . . . Hoss make sure you put your batteries in the charger north-south for a slower charge and east-west for a longer charge.

I was able to revive a battery for my drill by putting it in the freezer overnight to reset the thermal overload protection in it.

Hoss is in Maine he would just need to set it on the front porch

Had a battery for a drill go bad and as a last ditch effort tossed it in the freezer for a few days (idea from web), when it warmed back up it took the charge again. Crazy coincidence? I dunno. Can't hurt to try. Can't remember if that applies to specific types of batteries or not.

Danno77 said:
Had a battery for a drill go bad and as a last ditch effort tossed it in the freezer for a few days (idea from web), when it warmed back up it took the charge again. Crazy coincidence? I dunno. Can't hurt to try. Can't remember if that applies to specific types of batteries or not.

Only Deep Freeze Cycle Batteries...

DAKSY said:
Danno77 said:

Only Deep Freeze Cycle Batteries...
LOL

Danno77 said:

I have had this work also.

pen

firefighterjake said:
I like Moxie . . . nix that . . . I love Moxie.

I'm not quite sure about Nate or Hoss . . . starting to wonder if they're really native Mainiacs. ;) :)

Everone I know personally that drinks Moxie is a recovering alcoholic. That's why I don't dare stop drinking. And, Jake, I was born in Skowhegan, my father was born in Wellington, my mother in Phillips, so, ayuh.

pen said:
Danno77 said:

I have had this work also.

pen
I've actually put laptops outside to freeze and then put the charger on them while they are still outside.

I have also zapped nicad batteries by momentarily putting them in series with a car battery so that they were a dead short. The high current is risky as it could cause them to explode so do so at your own risk.

Jags said:
I need a hug.

This is the second time I have seen you say that Jagsy ....you are very "needy" lately...
:lol:
Just sayin :cheese:

GAMMA RAY said:
Jags said:
I need a hug.

This is the second time I have seen you say that Jagsy ....you are very "needy" lately...

I just like hugs.

Jags said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Jags said:
I need a hug.

I just like hugs.

Sending out big monster hugz then.......my friend.. :) ..everybody needs a hug now and then....
;-)

Jags said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Jags said:
I need a hug.

I just like hugs.

Get a big plushy teddy bear. Oh, wait ....

laughing-smiley-008.gif

Don't worry everybody, I'll stop by and give Jagsy a big hug on my way home from this conference. That'll either satisfy this recent need for hugs, or creep him out enough that he'll never mention it here again!

Creeps me out just thinking about it. Steer clear of Oregon, will ya? :lol:

Although my batteries have not died yet. I stumbled upon a video on youtube where a guy took a cheap knockoff battery and built an adapter to his dewalt battery pack. If i remember right it cost a total of $40. rather than $200. Looked funny though.

seeyal8r said:
Although my batteries have not died yet. I stumbled upon a video on youtube where a guy took a cheap knockoff battery and built an adapter to his dewalt battery pack. If i remember right it cost a total of $40. rather than $200. Looked funny though.

Maybe he could even figure out a way to hook that knockoff to a power cord so he could get a constant charge on it?

I see what you mean, Hoss.

snowleopard said:
seeyal8r said:

Maybe he could even figure out a way to hook that knockoff to a power cord so he could get a constant charge on it?

I see what you mean, Hoss.
Lol, you mean "turn a cordless drill into a corded one?" lol.

. . . we seemed to be headed back that direction, so yes, as long as there is sufficient duct tape and a 15-amp Yellowjacket involved. Man cards reinstated all around . . .

snowleopard said:
. . . we seemed to be headed back that direction, so yes, as long as there is sufficient duct tape and a 15-amp Yellowjacket involved. Man cards reinstated all around . . .
I'm with you, but I'd go one step further by plugging that into an inverter that's hooked to a car battery. Boom, you are portable again. Next, in order to make sure your car battery doesn't go dead, you can plug a trickle charger into it. In order to maintain portability I'd plug the trickle charger into my small generator.

Only person I know that would drink that was my grandfather. I'm convinced they make it by boiling old work boots.

firefighterjake said:

I'm not quite sure about Nate or Hoss . . . starting to wonder if they're really native Mainiacs. ;) :)

Danno77 said:
I'm with you, but I'd go one step further by plugging that into an inverter that's hooked to a car battery. Boom, you are portable again. Next, in order to make sure your car battery doesn't go dead, you can plug a trickle charger into it. In order to maintain portability I'd plug the trickle charger into my small generator.

My nominee for the Spew Award.

So does the generator go on top of the car? And will you have a container of gas along for the generator with a hand-pump?

Pix, please.

hossthehermit said:
firefighterjake said:

Everone I know personally that drinks Moxie is a recovering alcoholic. That's why I don't dare stop drinking. And, Jake, I was born in Skowhegan, my father was born in Wellington, my mother in Phillips, so, ayuh.

HehHeh . . . I'm not a big drinker myself . . . so maybe I am a recovering alcoholic -- just skipped the alcoholic part. ;) :)

No kidding . . . you're only the second person I've met that was born in Skow-town . . . a buddy, Brad Wing, being the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.