1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Silly question...

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chrisasst, Jan 30, 2013.

1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    Has any one ever sprayed pam cooking spray type stuff on their stoves glass to try and keep the ash off...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    No such thin is a silly question! :p

Never tried it but assume it would make the glass sticky and ash will collect on it. I could be wrong, It could make it slick and nothing could stick. IDK, But a glass polish used to work for a little while on my old quad. Without it it would crud up in minutes literally!
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Hey, remember this? Chris, you can put a message on the inside of the glass, and keep it clean too!
    draft_lens16215301module163028207photo_1351957524a_a.JPG lens16215301_1291733971glass_wax_stencils.jpg

Not made anymore, but the replacement for it is "Window Wax"
  4. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Most stove glass is not glass but ceramic. Can discolor or harm if you don't use approved products.
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

We know that. You're ruining all our fun. ;lol
  6. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Replacing glass is not fun or cheap. I once seen a large fireplace glass go and it sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard. Then had to contend with a large open fire. Its to cold out to go without a nice fire. Stay warm, Canada left the door open again.