Similar height replacement for Jotul F3CB?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
Short burn cycles (2 to 3 hours) are causing me to think about replacing my F3CB. Are there any similar sized stoves that provide longer burn times? I imagine I need to upgrade to a stove with a larger firebox. Due to installation situation I'm gonna need a stove where the horizontal exhaust pipe is no taller than the F3CB (which has a height of 22 9/16" to center of vent hole). I could use one slightly shorter as I can simply shim up the stove.

The Quadrafire Yosemite will fit, but it will be only about a .4 cu ft increase in firebox size. If you could recess the hearth a tad, a Woodstock stove might squeak in.

wahoowad said:
Short burn cycles (2 to 3 hours) are causing me to think about replacing my F3CB. Are there any similar sized stoves that provide longer burn times? I imagine I need to upgrade to a stove with a larger firebox. Due to installation situation I'm gonna need a stove where the horizontal exhaust pipe is no taller than the F3CB (which has a height of 22 9/16" to center of vent hole). I could use one slightly shorter as I can simply shim up the stove.
wahoowad, did you ever change out your F3CB? I'm sitting searching for a stove and the F3CB and Yosemite are two top contenders right now. Just curious...

Ed

Unless your looking for a larger stove, a Woodstock Keystone or Palladian will work and give you easy 8-10+ hour burn. The center rear exhaust collar comes in at 22 3/4 but they say they can lower it an inch or so if it's close

Agreed, this stove should be in the running. Think of it as Southern Comfort. It will do wonders for those brain cells.

Todd said:
Unless your looking for a larger stove, a Woodstock Keystone or Palladian will work and give you easy 8-10+ hour burn. The center rear exhaust collar comes in at 22 3/4 but they say they can lower it an inch or so if it's close
Do you know what R-value the floor protection needs to be?

Thanks,
Ed

Intheswamp said:
Todd said:
Do you know what R-value the floor protection needs to be?

Thanks,
Ed

The manual doesn't state an R value but states minimum requirements. They also sell a standard hearth pad that meets their requirements.

http://www.woodstove.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=54

My understanding hearth protection for Woodstock stoves is an ember shield. They recommend 1/2" cement backerboard and tile.
"http://www.woodstove.com/pages/guidepdfs/Plan your hearth.pdf"

Status
Not open for further replies.