Simpson Duravent stove pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
I have an 8" Duravent chimney with a ceiling support box I need to connect an oil boiler to. The Simpson distributor is telling me to just shove the pipe in and use strapping to hold it up? Is this legit? Shouldn't there be a thimble that I can screw the stove pipe to? They told me that they don't make the snap lock adapter any more and that even if they did I should not use it for the oil boiler.

All set...the good folks at Simpson got back to me and confirmed my suspicion that this guy should not be used for chimney advice. They gave me the part number and another local distributor who has is it in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.