1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Single Mom....sorting through replacment options...Fireplace Extrodinair

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by kerimack, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerimack

kerimack New Member

Loc:
    Eugene, Oregon
    Good Afternoon Everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on the Fireplace Extrodinair. I am looking at the 36inch model. One of the things that I like about it is that it's designed to burn with the doors closed. As some of you may remember I am trying to replace the zero clearance woodburning fireplace w/ attached blowers that has been in my home since 1978.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Looks real nice, and made by Travis (Lopi and Napoleon both made by them) No experience here, but It sure looks nice.
  3. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Travis makes quality products. You cant realy go wrong with any of there appliances in there lineup. You will find all EPA efficient fireplaces are designed to be burned with the doors closed. I would advise you stay away from anything that doenst have a door, or thats not EPA approved.
  4. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Before finally picking a wood stove, I looked at the FPX36 fireplace to replace my zero clearance fireplace. From the research I did, it looks like a fabulous unit. It can handle large size logs, burns very well, has a built in blower, and you can customize the appearance (to a degree).

The thing I liked about it was the large glass viewing area. It really lets you get a full view of the burning fire. It's really quite beautiful in action. I saw one at the stove store and sat there about 45 minutes just watching the flames :)

All the reviews I found of it were extremely positive.
  5. gawebster

gawebster Member

Warren,

Travis Industries manufactures the LOPI, Avalon and Fireplace Xtrordiniar brands in Mukilteo WA.
    http://www.travisproducts.com

Napoleon is manufactured by Wolf Manufacturing out of Canada.

Gary
  6. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Woops...good catch..I knew that...I didn't mean Napoleon...I meant Avalon. Thanks for the correction
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.