Slightly pitched roof install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielb33

Dec 17, 2014
Braintree
I will be installing my pellet stove before winter really rolls in. I will be doing it myself, I am just trying to figure out all that I need. The ceiling and roof it will be going through has about a 1/12 or 2/12 pitch. The roof is made of a rubber like material, not shingles. There is no attic space, only ceiling, insulation, roof. Think of it as a 3 season porch type room so there is probably 8" between the ceiling and roof. What exactly would I use for this. The cathedral ceiling support boxes look like they will not work. The ceiling isn't flat so I cant use the normal ceiling support. I am not set on any one brand either.

Thanks

You can cut the top of the ceiling support box to match the roof pitch on the underside of your roof sheathing
& frame a box between the ceiling joists to secure it to.
If you use a flat pitch roof flashing & you will be able to get enough of a "tilt" to adjust to the pellet vent pipe.
Add a storm collar & cap & you will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.