slowly buiding up my wood supply!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
As of now i have near 3 cords of seasoned wood ready to burn the season.Slowly starting to build for the season after this!started this weekend going into my woods to cut and split dead trees and large fallen branches along with a few live trees.Heres a pic of a load i got sunday!Its a asortment of apple,oak and maple.Its not a real big pile,but doing this every weekend for a few hours and i will have at least 2 cords by winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 330
Smart to gear up for next year :)

Slow & steady wins the race !!!

You can never have enough wood, especially during these times of high fuel costs. I have about 15 face cords, should be good for 2 to 3 years. My next door neighbor asked me last month wood I be interested in his pin cherries that he is going to cut down, huge trees. I said I would take anything and everything he cuts down and I will cut those logs into rounds and get them out of your property (and onto mine...) in a heartbeat. That/this means more work but more free wood. Pretty soon I have will have a "fortress" around my property of split wood, SWEET! :) , well at least in my mind :cheese:

Yep. Cut a little every week and ya get there sooner than you think. And it isn't something you dread doing when you do it that way.

free wood is always sweet. I dont have the mentality of my father who buys his locust and oak split stacked and also carried to his porch and stacked. Hes got money though. If i can dry it I'll burn it; well maybe not bambud or black walnut.

I pull over to pick up wood in my saturn . I drive 95 miles a day to work . If it free its for my . Is that why I m single . :red:

Dumbfishguy said:
I pull over to pick up wood in my saturn . I drive 95 miles a day to work . If it free its for my . Is that why I m single . :red:

Only if you do it on a date. :lol:

Or leave the bark on the passenger seat.

Dumbfishguy said:

Answer= YES !

But, you are also smart and thrifty- and who knows, maybe you will find someone along those 95 miles who will help you load that wood someday.

we are working on next years wood collecting and scrounging. so far 10 cords or so. we will start splitting in Mid sept. the three of us have this years all put up and ready for fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.