Smaller quasi-masonry heaters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
I was digging around for some information on soapstone countertops and found these smaller masonry heaters for sale in a basically DIY setup. As these are discussed every now and then I figured I'd throw the link out there.

Soapstone wood stoves

The company lists these as wood stoves and they are an interesting mix of a cast iron insert and a very large soapstone surround. Probably not a masonry heater by MHA specs, but certainly larger than most soapstone stoves. Although for the money you could probably buy two Mansfields or an Equinox and a Phoenix. European product and high shipping costs probably don't help the cause much either.

The company lists these as wood stoves and they are an interesting mix of a cast iron insert and a very large soapstone surround. Probably not a masonry heater by MHA specs but certainly larger than most soapstone stoves. Although for the money you could probably buy two Mansfields or an Equinox and a Phoenix. European product and high shipping costs probably don’t help the cause much either.

Keith I realize that these are not true masonry heaters, (they come pretty close in mass I'm betting no change in flame path) which is why I put the two disclaimers in the post but I have corrected the subject to be less confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.