Smaller Rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is some sugar maple,ironwood and cherry that I took the bigger stuff and left this, all this is up top and in the same area so it shouldn't take long to buck up.

The pictures I've been posting are going to get done starting this weekend through thanksgiving weekend.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0724.jpg
    100_0724.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 100_0725.jpg
    100_0725.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 293
Looks like lotsa good wood there yet Zap.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks like lotsa good wood there yet Zap.

Yes Sav, can't believe I left it but it still looks good.

zap

It is a pain to get the useable wood from branchy tree tops, but I hate to leave it behind. I think that looks like a couple of days' wood. Maybe not real cold days...

Wood Duck said:
It is a pain to get the useable wood from branchy tree tops, but I hate to leave it behind. I think that looks like a couple of days' wood. Maybe not real cold days...

Wood Duck in picture number three I need that cleaned up and out of there so I can build a trail along the ridge, to the left of the small maple down it drops off then flattens out again and in that area are some big old sugar maples that drop a branch every so often.

zap

smaller twig in the second pic looks punky by the fungi growing on it.
you leave a lot behind ?

I took a tour of the part of my lot that's tough to get to and most of the stuff down ( even recent) is barely worth it.
mostly in the section that's mostly maple.

billb3 said:
smaller twig in the second pic looks punky by the fungi growing on it.
you leave a lot behind ?

I took a tour of the part of my lot that's tough to get to and most of the stuff down ( even recent) is barely worth it.
mostly in the section that's mostly maple.

The second picture is ironwood which I'll check before bucking up, it usually takes a long time before getting punky and the fungi growing on it will dry out and come off once stacked in the sun and wind plus the bark looks like it will fall off anytime.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.