Smell in heated air being pushed into the house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am all set. I burned a bag or 2 and to help with the smell I ran my a/c fan to allow the filter to pick up some of the particles in the air. I will check the filter in a day or 2 to see
if there is black soot or any thing else. Now if I could only get the ash pan sensor to stop going into error I will be all set. My stove is cranking out heat and burning so much better this year but the stove keeps going into error for "too little air". I am thinking I will change the rope gaskets on the door to rule that out.
You might want to post questions about that as a separate thread with your stove brand in the header. Someone here might have an answer for you that is specific to that stove and this thread you have now is generic.

I think I am all set. I burned a bag or 2 and to help with the smell I ran my a/c fan to allow the filter to pick up some of the particles in the air. I will check the filter in a day or 2 to see
if there is black soot or any thing else. Now if I could only get the ash pan sensor to stop going into error I will be all set. My stove is cranking out heat and burning so much better this year but the stove keeps going into error for "too little air". I am thinking I will change the rope gaskets on the door to rule that out.

Too little air is another phrase for, a dirty stove from air intake to the termination cap on the venting, failing gaskets, failing or not closed latches, messed up damper setting, or a failing combustion/exhaust blower. Check everything in the combustion air path and all gaskets in the stove. Last of all a bad sensor (don't forget to clean it) or controller.

You might want to post questions about that as a separate thread with your stove brand in the header. Someone here might have an answer for you that is specific to that stove and this thread you have now is generic.

I'm okay with the other issue as I know why it is happening. The smell was something that people with more experience would be able to help with which is exactly what happened. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Can't have cats as everyone in the house is allergic to them. I grew up with cats and love them. I like dogs as well but they need to be walked
whereas with a cat you can let them free range.
I get it, just been a cat or two in my life for more than 60 years now. Even when we go to Maine the people who own the cabins have cats and one will just about always shack up with us while we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.