1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Smoke in house....Pipe Leak I think...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ArsenalDon, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ArsenalDon

ArsenalDon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    Yesterday came home and the house smelled of smoke. My wife said it had been smoking up for an hour or so, all night I struggled to figure it out, then today figured that it must be coming from the flue pipe. How the heck could it come loose when we had no movement whatsoever to the stove, the pipe, no earth movement, nothing out of the ordinary. IT has only been since last march since the install.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ArsenalDon

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    [​IMG]
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Picture needs to be uploaded. When was the flue and cap last cleaned?
    ScotO likes this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Back puff could do it.
  5. ArsenalDon

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner!!!! Brushed it all out today and working great. Thank you Green for the idea. Been burning a ton of cedar and while it burns hot and does not leave a lot of creosote, the fine, fine ash is clingy and it built up a blockage. Got about 2 gal of it out all in all. Having a sweep come in Monday for a more thorough job. and to get the cap.