Smoke not going up flue.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have tried all suggestions on here, and I am still suffering from smoke pouring into my house. We are not having any weather right now, so that cannot be an issue... Pretty "normal" weather right now, maybe a bit warmer then usual.

I tried to relight after I shut down the upper flue... waited 6 hrs, not working.

Cap is clean, and everything on the stove seems to be operating properly. I just can only imagine that it was a prior clog, and like someone on here mentioned, it was worsened when the sweep came out. He must have pushed all the debris down, which is now creating a blockage?

I dont know... I called the sweep this morning, have not heard back from him yet. Guess we are going to have a weekend without the stove. The wife is not happy!

Thanks for all the suggestions

Did Santa have any problems?

I mean did you go up top & look down the chimney, ?
(if sunny use a mirror for good light)
( evening with a good spot light,)
Nothing in the stove pie? (can you remove it & look? )
Sweep guy definitely missed something, call him for some warranty work.
Like you said, strange** Sounds like some serious blockage for sure. (Santa's toy bag got stuck & he left it. kinda blockage)

Good luck

No need to have a cold stove and unhappy wife all weekend!
Get some short lengths of 1/2" pvc and roll that insert out of the way - give it a look - you'll notice the problem.

Take out any baffles and see if the outlet on the unit is clogged and if possible check for sunlight using a mirror. Its harder on some setups but give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.