Smoke- Out the door!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckhuntress

Dec 10, 2016
Virginia
New here so "Hello!"...
My question because I cannot seem to find an answer anywhere (ANYWHERE)...
I have a Pleasant Hearth Medium sized wood stove on legs 1,800 square feet heating size. I used it for about 3 years with great success. I moved out of the home and now upon moving back in I've found the stove is bellowing smoke out the door like crazy. I had the chimney rebricked but it's the same size flue pipe in diameter and same height as before.
I'm wondering how the damper system in this stove works other than the sliding mechanism on front and if it could of closed shut? Not sure what the mechanics of it are. It cant just open up the little vent on front, can it? Can anyone offer advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.