Smoke smell from Harman Acentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you perhaps temporarily ell the vent up and ell the OAK down below it? Ya gotta try to go vertical with that vent.

Our very experienced pellet buddy Smoky would ask for pix of the install and vent / OAK so we can see what's what. Can do?

I intermittently had the same problem a few months back. Couldn't find the cause for the life of me. No CO problems so I lived with it. It went away by itself. Chalked it up to atmospheric conditions.

Last edited:
Thanks, I can pretty easily el the oak down and to the side 4 or 5 feet, maybe even around the corner of the house. Vertical vent would be more serious

Don't go that long with the OAK, less pipe and bends the better, just get it below the vent. If you can go up at all with the vent, do it. Pictures please?

Status
Not open for further replies.