Smoky oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, if there was a nearby clear and open path to outside air that terminated quite close to the exhaust vent, could the negative air pressure caused by the stove suck some of the exhaust back in the house? With the intake ducting not tied in securely to the stove I imagine there could be some leakage there? Sort of like leaving a window cracked a bit near an exhaust? Wouldn't happen all of the time I imagine, but under the correct wind/weather conditions?

I agree with you fully that the obvious is the exhaust pipe, seams, gaskets, etc due to these being under positive exhaust air pressure.
Yes that is possible.

Well, that is an interesting theory...

I'm full of interesting theories...and they're all trying to get out at the same time. Leads to some interesting conversations.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.