snakes in trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
:( What's up with so many fungus diseases in wildlife lately?? Bees, bats, now snakes??

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
:( What's up with so many fungus diseases in wildlife lately?? Bees, bats, now snakes??

Amphibians are really getting whacked as well. I wonder if an increase in general underlying stress in all wild populations is causing an increase of opportunistic infections that are not usually apparent.

Maybe a better way to say this is that the whole planet is sick.

Last edited:
Amphibians, particularly frogs have been hit badly for the past couple decades. Their population has significantly declined.

Amphibians, particularly frogs have been hit badly for the past couple decades. Their population has significantly declined.

I think they've all come to our pond. Thick as thieves they are, and I can't wait 'till they start singin'!

Exactly what I was thinking. Weather changes, people and goods shipping around the world carrying diseases, widespread chemical use leading to weaknesses- all have been investigated or implicated

Which could include us.

...not with a bang, but with a whimper.
--Pope
One day, Mother Earth is just going to throw up.

Exactly what I was thinking. Weather changes, people and goods shipping around the world carrying diseases, widespread chemical use leading to weaknesses- all have been investigated or implicated

The pollution level in the PNW is higher due to air coming over from China than from local sources.
"As much as 24% of the sulfate on the West Coast, which forms acid rain, can be tied to Chinese emissions, per the study. It is the first to quantify China's pollution on the West Coast."
http://mashable.com/2014/01/23/us-china-pollution/

Time to get rid of artificial fertilizers, poisons (especially round up), genetically altered seeds, etc.

Give nature a chance, it does really well on its own,.

That would be a start, but it's gonna take more than that. We need to stop acidifying the planet. Our oceans are in deep trouble.

Reactions: Frozen Canuck
Reactions: rideau
Status
Not open for further replies.