So...summertime...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohio woodburner said:
just cat litter

Forgive my ignorance, but why?

firebroad said:
ohio woodburner said:
just cat litter

Odor control . . . you can also use a box of opened baking soda.

firebroad said:
ohio woodburner said:
just cat litter

Or I could have been a wise a$$ and said . . . for folks who have cat stoves.

firefighterjake said:
firebroad said:
ohio woodburner said:
just cat litter

I knew that was coming :snake:

Both good answers!!

firefighterjake said:
I actually do place a candle in my woodstove after cleaning it . . . but it's not for the ambiance and chance to see the itty bitty flame . . . it's for those rare moments when I get a reverse stack condition and I can smell creosote in the house. Lighting a candle (no scent needed) establishes a bit of a draft and makes the house not smell like the inside of a chimney.

+1 I'm going to have to open a 'tips & tricks' file.

firefighterjake said:
firebroad said:
ohio woodburner said:
just cat litter

THanks for the good laugh... didn't think of that when i posted. I use it for odor like jake said and also for any moisture that may be present.

With relatively dry summers our stove just goes to sleep. I may shovel out the ashes and clean the glass. Or maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.