so the oil burner is down..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoggy

Oct 29, 2007
Long Island NY
and i dont care :)
wife called today and said it was making a bad sound. i said shut it down and kick up the stove!
(normally we burn from like 3pm to last load around 10pm. not an overnight burner/burn alone yet. right now we figure we run around 12hrs a day.)
Burner man said capacitor on the blower is busted, cant get new one til tomorrow. and said we can stick a little 4" desk fan in the vent to move the air past the flame and through my house... as opposed to a 14" blower?? ..... i tried not to laugh.
then mentioned again i bought a wood stove, its 71 in the house, i'll keep it running all night!
he said it cant do your whole house.
i said you overestimate the size of my home and underestimate my stove.

also, getting a cord delivered tomorrow AM, probably gonna be the same time the oil co will be here...ha ha

damn i love my stove.

I was 13ish during one of those major ice storms in Western NY. We lost power for about a week remember, but at the time we heated solely with wood (VC Defiant) and we had a couple family member stay a week with us too. It was nice and warm at our house!

Status
Not open for further replies.