1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

So what is the cost per sq ft remodeling and custom new construction?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Craig if too off topic please move to the Ash Can. I figured most here own homes and might find this info interesting
    Location Eastern MA boston suburbs
    $150 per sq ft and up depending on components and customizing. Same on custom new homes.
    Personally I never used this formular per sq ft. I figure out the materials and get subcontractor price quotes.
    If I am framing it I estimate my time and go from there. My experience it sq foot pricing tend to be high.
    Reported yeaterday this area housing market is down 20%
    Expect 20% increases in insulation materials soon

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bruce

bruce Member

Loc:
    long pond pa
    is this true? insulation is going to way up?
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

unfortunately windows and glass products have already increased Andersen 20% first of Feb.
    Insulation expect 20% increase this year if not more. It's a shame it is going to cost more to save fuel
  4. Michael6268

Michael6268 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Grafton NH/Upper Valley
    Everything is going up except salaries! We were at HD yesterday and were comenting on how much things have gone up since just last summer! Even further I used to by sheetrock about 3 years ago - 4.15 a sheet. Now 9.49l 2x4 - 1.79 now 3.09 Insulation approx 4-5 dollar a roll increase! Its insane. I am soo glad we finished our addition last summer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.