Q&A Soapstone Safe?

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    QandA
    Expand Collapse
    New Member
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2012
    Messages:
    0
    Likes Received:
    5
    Question:

    A friend tells me that soapstone is full of asbestos and is unsafe. He says the eskimos who carved it got sick with lung disease. I doubt my friend but would like your comments PLEASE.



    Answer:

    Soapstone is safe for the use in stoves. Any dust, when inhaled over a long period, is dangerous. However, soapstone in itself poses little or no danger to the stove user. The dust from Soapstone is Talc, not asbestos.
     

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!





Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page