solared powered baby countryside?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been tinkering with the thought of hooking my baby countryside up to a battery back up and a solar panel. My owners Manuel shows how to do it and the supplies I will need.just wondering if anyones has had any sucess or issues when doing this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had a look at the manual and it looks to me like you don't even need a solar panel, the stove has a charging circuit built in that will keep the battery charged while on AC.

I saw that too,I just didn't want to overload the system. Was thinking about installing the diode,solar panel, battery and a solar charger controller to gaurd against over-charging the battery.not that the battery will ever over charge because I run it 24-7 during burning season,unless I'm cleaning it or its too warm outside. I'm just a little leery of running it all the time that way. Was wondering if anybody's had sucess doing it. Thanks for the reply and the info

Status
Not open for further replies.