Some more night splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Daylight is short. Doug and I have to get all we can. The tragedy is, I lost a beer in the darkness.

KC

Attachments

• Cl score 001.jpg
    Cl score 001.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 446
  • Cl score 002.jpg
    Cl score 002.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 455
  • Cl score 003.jpg
    Cl score 003.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 450
  • Cl score 004.jpg
    Cl score 004.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 442
iskiatomic said:
Daylight is short. Doug and I have to get all we can. The tragedy is, I lost a beer in the darkness.

KC

It's on the round next to the splitter. :)

Nope, not that one. That was the replacement. LOL

KC

KC, too funny. I started bucking and splitting around 10:00AM on Friday. My daughter and her boyfriend got home from school and I recruited them to help. We were out until around 6:00PM under the lights before they said they were cold. It was 48 degrees on Dec 3 at 6:00PM. Go figure, I wanted to continue but they still complained it was cold. Oh well, I was ready for a cold one anyway. Back at it again today!

It was 48 degrees on Dec 3 at 6:00PM. Go figure,

That's shorts and tee shirt weather! LOL

KC

I've had the car headlights out the past few weekends to finish up the job myself...

stejus said:
It was 48 degrees on Dec 3 at 6:00PM.

You posted this at 03 December 2011 11:56 AM. Can you see the future? Will it snow on Christmas at my house?

You really need to put a cup holder on that splitter ;-)

pen

Flatbedford said:
stejus said:
It was 48 degrees on Dec 3 at 6:00PM.

You posted this at 03 December 2011 11:56 AM. Can you see the future? Will it snow on Christmas at my house?

You're right, got a whole day ahead of myself. Wish I could see the future but that just aint gonna happen... Snow for Christmas? Looking at the weather pattern now and I would say 50/50 chance. I bet I'm right come Dec 25th!

KC, it looks much different without the white stuff. We're hoping we'll lose our white stuff too but then there is more on the way next week anyway.

My next splitter will be "electric start" with a "Fold up 10' Light stand"
Can split at night even when we have a power failure.
Good job!

Boyfriend took the beer - no doubt about it.

See, now that's not right.

KC

You really need to put a cup holder on that splitter

pen

Believe you me, It's been thought of. Just a little to much vibration, damn beer goes flat.

KC

iskiatomic,

Let's keep the priorities straight. Endangering the welfare of a good beer is a against the law in the Wood Shed. Enough said. Good to see you are still dedicated with the splitting at night though. Good work. Keep it up.

iskiatomic said:
You really need to put a cup holder on that splitter

pen

Believe you me, It's been thought of. Just a little to much vibration, damn beer goes flat.

KC

This is gonna take some imagination KC....how about a hat, modified to hold one or two beer cans on top? It could work...I have seen it before.... :lol:
Better get that splittin done......so you can get to skiing.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.