Some people have the nerve! (another cl funny) Found the original poster!!! updated!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
these are just a couple of ads recently, one guy has 15-20 trees to be taken down! He took his ad down after someone responded to it (second link...lol
I know some people dont mind, but what gets me is people want you to do big jobs just for the wood AND be insured, bring in heavy eq and not mess up the yard!
I could see if you lived in the middle of nowhere and the tree could fall in any direction ... but some people have a lotta nerve!
*** the first link is the original... the third is a response to the first link

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/zip/1732251643.html
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/wan/1730153886.html
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/zip/1737585239.html

50% of the CL free firewood posting are for standing or fallen trees. Its almost like saying free furniture.

Some would say "can't blame a guy for trying." The one ad you posted just says two large trees taken down for the wood "must be insured" is the part that does rather make it a deal breaker.

I'm sure folks have no idea of the amount of work or risk involved. I can say that I certainly have gained an appreciation that I didn't have before starting in this "hobby" two years ago. Watching pros do the work it sure doesn't LOOK hard now does it?

Here is your poster child posting :)

-----------------------

FREE WHITE OAK TREES FOR FIREWOOD (Boylston)

Date: 2010-05-12, 1:23PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I HAVE HALF A DOZEN 100+ FOOT TALL WHITE OAKS TO TAKE DOWN IN MY FRONT YARD. THEY NEED TO BE CLIMBED TO LIMB. MANY CORDS OF WOOD FROM THESE. FREE TO ANY PRO TREE PERSON WITH THE TIME AND SKILL AND CHIPPER AND BOOM TRUCK TO TAKE THEM. EASY LOCATION NEXT TO DRIVEWAY OFF ROUTE 140 ON SHREWSBURY SIDE OF TOWN.

PROS ONLY, MUST HAVE INSURANCE. CALL 508 410-1799. THANKS

--------------------

lol you are right pros make it look easy.....
but when they break down the cost of eq its another game!...
my friend who is a cheap compared to the big companies..(he climbs just about everything)
told me he got a new splitter ... he got a tw tw5 i believe with a few extras.... 10 thousand ... now how much firewood at say 200 a cord to pay off that thing! (50) i am sure he sells that in a year but not for 200 more like 150 because he like to get rid of it green.... but add in a 2-3 man crew, stump grinding, and chipper.. wow

Slow1 said:

-----------------------

I HAVE HALF A DOZEN 100+ FOOT TALL WHITE OAKS TO TAKE DOWN IN MY FRONT YARD. THEY NEED TO BE CLIMBED TO LIMB. MANY CORDS OF WOOD FROM THESE. FREE TO ANY PRO TREE PERSON WITH THE TIME AND SKILL AND CHIPPER AND BOOM TRUCK TO TAKE THEM. EASY LOCATION NEXT TO DRIVEWAY OFF ROUTE 140 ON SHREWSBURY SIDE OF TOWN.

--------------------

lmao!!!! and someone really thinks someone should do it for free???... i mean the wood

That's a good one. I also hate the Plenty of free fire wood - come and get it with your truck, and it's a bunch of brush and limbs at best.

basswidow said:
That's a good one. I also hate the Plenty of free fire wood - come and get it with your truck, and it's a bunch of brush and limbs at best.

yea i know or when its someones house that just got remodeled and its a bunch of 2 bys with nails plaster etc on it and they "say" its slabwood

iceman said:
Slow1 said:

-----------------------

--------------------

lmao!!!! and someone really thinks someone should do it for free???... i mean the wood
maybe if they are good for milling that would be a good deal 100ft oaks would be some board ft there.

Status
Not open for further replies.