Some pictures of tanks & new tremovar gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobC

Minister of Fire
Jul 28, 2009
Foxboro MA
New gaskets are more substantial and seem to have carbon or graphite added.
Tanks when they were first slid into garage area. The 1/2" X 2' pipe on right end will be for sensor wells. Once the tanks are insulated any excess 1/2" pipe will be cut off. The 1.5" pipe in the center of the tank goes to a 2" dip tube to bottom of tank with a baffle so the water stays along bottom of tank.
Cool inlet / outlet has 3/4" ball valve for filling. 007 circulator to help get water back to Tarm. On the top I installed a bypass line. I was thinking that this will help with adding chemicals. You can isolate tanks from boiler and zones. Drain an appropriate amount of water from tanks, open diverter valve, turn circulator on and introduce chemicals through 3/4" ball valve. This is a little extra but the rest of my equipment is in a finished basement so with this set up I can get 1000G treated and open it up to the rest of the system, any mess stays in my garage.
Support frame added after tanks and piping were in place.
Top of tanks 30 PSI relief valve and hot water inlet / outlet.
Tomorrow I'm spraying 1" of Dow's closed cell Froth Pack. I'm planning to cover most all of the surface area except where welding and pipe fitting were done. Lastly I'll be sliding the 100G expansion tank in front of the supply and return pipes.
Hopefully we'll have some hot water stored by the end of the weekend. ( then the controls......)
Little by slow.....
Thanks to all of the previous posts that people have contributed to this forum that guided my design.
Rob

Attachments

• Gaskets.jpg
    Gaskets.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 263
  • Tanks in place.jpg
    Tanks in place.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Supply  Return.jpg
    Supply Return.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Support Frame.jpg