1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Some Sandy Trim

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by gzecc, Dec 12, 2012.

1. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Took some time today, while looking for a christmast tree, to trim the fallen pines away from a few stacks. The trailer in the pic makes a good ladder.

Attached Files:

albert1029 likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. basod

basod Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mount Cheaha Alabama
    Blue spruce?? Or hemlock
    Don't bring the blue spruce in the house or you'll wonder where the 20 cats are urinating all over the place
  3. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Don't think they are either. I did have a Blue Spruce last week, and I do have a hemlock that is still standing. I really don't know what they are.
  4. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central PA
    Those are Norway Spruce. Norway Spruce have small branches that hand vertically down from the large branches, and I can see that is your photos. Also the bark and needle color look like Norway Spruce. Norway Spruce is among the most common spruce planted in the northeast. Most years the big christmas trees at the White house, Rockefeller Center, etc. are Norway Spruce because big ones still have a perfect christmas tree shape when they grow in the open.
  5. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Makes perfect sense. When people ask me about our storm damage, I tell them we lost 10 Rockerfeller christmas trees and 10 smaller ones.