Some work for Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is whats left of the basswood to split, after splitting this I'll be running around splitting the rest of some cherry in three other spots.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0291.jpg
    100_0291.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_0326.jpg
    100_0326.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 151
looks like fun. I will be doing the same tomorrow, but mine will be maple and i will be carrying though mud and up a hill.

Archer39 said:
looks like fun. I will be doing the same tomorrow, but mine will be maple and i will be carrying though mud and up a hill.

Give her hell, I finally am on some flat land but the hills will becoming up in a month or so. I rather be splitting maple but I'm going to try some basswood for the shoulder season.

zap

zapny said:
Archer39 said:

Give her hell, I finally am on some flat land but the hills will becoming up in a month or so. I rather be splitting maple but I'm going to try some basswood for the shoulder season.

zap

I sure will.

I also have another maple fall. it is collateral damage of the first one. The first gave me a nice surprise when i cut my notch. 1/2 to 3/4 of it was hollow so it did not fall in its intended path but nothing other than the already dieing maple was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.