1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sometimes it is difficult to believe

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, May 27, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Of all times for it to happen, but then, there is never a good time. This week and weekend we seem to have some idiots going to cemeteries and removing flowers that people have placed on grave sites. At first I couldn't believe it but it is happening. Let us hope someone gets caught (and not by me) and punished. Let us also hope this is a short lived fad or whatever they want to call it.

Rant over.
    ScotO and Paulywalnut like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Disrespectful. I have read stories of people stealing pocketbooks out of cars when people are visiting graves of loved ones. It is really the last place you would expect it.
  3. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    We had a very valuable urn on our family plot. It had been their for over 30 years. Then one year it was gone. It was very heavy, cast. The care taker said that several had been taken. They were being resold to estates. I bought a much less valuable urn to replace it. That one disappeared just after being placed. Now I use a cheap plastic urn. No one touches it.
    I filed a report with the police, but it didn't get any attention. The care taker wants people to stop using containers and plant directly in the ground.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The flower theft thing happens in lots of place. Some even take them and then put them on another grave. Rotten thing to do.
  5. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Here's a good story for a change:
    I am a trustee on the local cemetery board. This past Friday it rained heavily all day and it was quite cold. The guy that mows for us worked 12 hours Friday getting the cemetery ready for this weekend. I just can't imagine mowing for that long in the cold and rain. Today the cemetery looked great!
  6. WeldrDave

WeldrDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New Jersey
    That has happened in my area as well in the past, I have actually sat and waited before. And as you say Dennis, I'm glad "I" didn't catch someone:mad:
    ScotO and Backwoods Savage like this.
  7. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I'm sure the creeps do it when they think nobody is watching. News for them.. Somebody IS watching;)
    Backwoods Savage, ScotO and WeldrDave like this.
  8. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We had a rash of urns and plaques being stolen from cemeteries a couple years ago. Folks were stealing anything made of copper or brass. I'm guessing meth heads.
  9. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm not a religious man, but believe they will get what they deserve sooner or later.