Son of a goat... Doh!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
I've been fighting with my stove for the last two hours trying to figure out why the heck this blasted load of wood won't take off right.

So far, there has been poking, prodding, swearing, and even some head scratching.

Finally figured it out... now we can add "face-palm" to the list.

One of my baffle boards had gotten pushed up and slid over the other a couple inches. What a waste of a load of wood.

-SF

Go buy one of those steel rods they have in racks at the hardware store. Slip a piece of 1/4" stove gasket over it and put it on the left or the right side of the the boards to keep them from moving around. AND MAKE UP FOR THE BIGGEST DAMNED MISTAKE ESW EVER MADE IN THEIR LIVES BY BEING TWO DAMNED CHEAP TO STOCK TWO DIFFERENT SIZED BOARDS..

If you didn't notice that same sized board stuff really pisses me off.

BrotherBart said:
Go buy one of those steel rods they have in racks at the hardware store. Slip a piece of 1/4" stove gasket over it and put it on the left or the right side of the the boards to keep them from moving around. AND MAKE UP FOR THE BIGGEST DAMNED MISTAKE ESW EVER MADE IN THEIR LIVES BY BEING TWO DAMNED CHEAP TO STOCK TWO DIFFERENT SIZED BOARDS..

My saggy stainless baffle fits perfect & tight. ;)

BrotherBart said:

Agreed. That baffle board is the ONE thing that really annoys the heck out of me about this stove.

Hogwildz said:
My saggy stainless baffle fits perfect & tight. ;)

Putting something up there to keep the boards from moving is much, much easier than getting your neighbor to lug a welding rig into the living room to weld your stove back together. :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.