Soot Eater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailorman3

Sep 15, 2016
Newfoundland
Will a Soot Eater go up through a 6 inch chimney with a 30 degree offset. I have a clean out on the outside at the bottom of the tee. It goes up 18 inches goes thru a 30 degree off set, angles up 6 feet, thru another 30 degree offset and then straight up 12 feet. Will the soot eater bend thru the off sets and will a drill still have the power to power it.

I've never run a soot eater but I clean chimneys with a rotary system and 30 degree offsets should be nothing to worry about. I can make 90's with my commercial rods. All powered with a dewalt 20v cordless.

yes squisher is right I dont know that a soot eater will go through a 90 like our pro rods but 30s should be no problem

We have a double-45 offset on our 6" stove pipe. The sooteater goes through it easily.

Are the pro rods available on line?
Yes but you dont need them soot eater will work fine for your situation. And the pro rods cost 3 to 4 times what the homeowner ones cost.

Agreed, we have a couple extra sooteater rods. Get the same rods for best flexibility and proper interconnection.

Last edited:
with what I paid in canuckian pesos, I would recommend going with the sooteater too. Pro rods get pricey because they are built to withstand the rigours of cleaning 100's of chimneys.

Sooteater will work just fine.... No problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.