sooteater cleaned..but

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
Sooteater cleaned the chimney great...but..as I worked it up the chimney..I came to the cap..I could feel I was in the cap...cleaned there for a few seconds then brought back down..when I got it out the chimney there was no sooyeater head attatched to the rods...so I thought it must be stuck in the cap...neighbor came over and went on roof and looked down the chimney..he said there was nothing there..so I went to bottom..nothing there...we were just figuring out how we were gonna remove the stove to help us find where it was stuck...and I walked around the yard and the head was in the gutter...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/steeltowninwv/2011-11-29100532.jpg

thanks for the Tip...

I haven't bought one yet, so can't tell from the photo what happened. Did the head unscrew from the shaft, or did the shaft break, or...?

Looks like the shaft broke. Part of it is still attached to the head along with the quick disconnect.

He needs to send'em a note and get some warranty action. I sent them a question about mine after I got it and they responded within a day.

Never heard of that happening before, must have been a defect in the fiberglass shaft. It takes a lot to break something like that. What kinda drill were u using,,,just curious????? Hope ya have your receipt,,,give them a buzz,,,i'm sure they will make good on it, at least ya have a clean chimney !!!!! :p

emailed gardus and sent them a pic of what happened...they said they would replace and send me a new one...looks like their customer service is gonna be great...i liked how it did on my chimney...so i cant complain about the product at all..and it was super easy!

yep first time

I think your sooteater thought it was really supposed to be a guttereater!
Glad to hear their customer service is good. I keep saying one of these days I'm gonna try one of those things. I keep hearing nothing
but good things about the Sooteater.

I have used mine three times in a couple of years.
I found it works just as well cleaning at 1/2 speed and is easier to control and chimney is just as clean as when going full bore.
No need to go fast as there is no gain.

Just got mine and used it for the first time. Flawless!! I love it. No more going on the roof! Now I will actually keep my chimney clean!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.