Sooteater on Rectangle SS lined chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used a sooteater on a rectangle SS lined chimney? Curious if the whipping action from the sooteater would cause havoc on the liner given the irregular shape. When you trip the weed-wacker cord, I assume you must trip for the long side of the rectangle yes?

Thoughts and experiences on this kind of lined chimney?

I have never used a soot eater but i use a similar pro setum all the time and they work fine in rectangular liners. Just make sure you run in forward and reverse to make sure you get into all the corners.

I have never used a soot eater but i use a similar pro setum all the time and they work fine in rectangular liners. Just make sure you run in forward and reverse to make sure you get into all the corners.

Ah, good call running it both forward and reverse. Running it one direction I can see how it wouldn't clean well into each corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.