SOTW movie soundtrack covers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme from Titanic. >>

I was in-country when that movie came around. We couldn't figure out how all of those pine trees got to Southeast Asia. ;lol

Fighting bullies after school.
Twelve-year olds - can be so cruel.
Words so mean - are hurled your way,
When you're a boy - who takes ballet.

Silver tights - and satin vests.
These are boys - who pirouette.
On tippy toes - we'll stand today;
The fate of boys - who take ballet.

Trained to leap - and trained to land,
Catch ballerinas with one hand.
We're getting buff - Perhaps one day,
We'll beat up boys - who mock ballet.

Silver tights - and satin vests.
We are boys - lest you forget.
One hundred guys - went out to play,
But only three - had to take ballet.

A year's gone by - we don't get creamed,
We're cooler than - the football team.
We've better odds - for meeting babes.
They're five-to-one - when you take ballet.

The girls all love - Our satin vests.
Our silver tights - make women sweat.
BMOC - that's what they say.
We are real men - who take ballet.

I was in-country when that movie came around. We couldn't figure out how all of those pine trees got to Southeast Asia. ;lol
Kind of like the movie The Deer Hunter, with miles of tall stately (northwest) doug fir trees in the supposed middle of PA.

At the end of The Green Berets, the sun sets in the East. John Wayne can make anything happen.

The way I heard it, Wayne directed it, but he brought Chuck Norris in tho do the sunset thing.

Reactions: BrotherBart
She is good but the best version of that song is still IZ.

I have to agree...mostly because when my daughter was growing up we watched Wizard of Oz so many times she would dress herself up like Dorothy and carry around a little stuffed animal (not a dog) she called Toto. Years later, when she got married, she picked IZZY's cover of Over the Rainbow for our Father-Daughter dance at the reception. Still get teary-eyed thinking about it.

Another cover of the song I like is the one Eva Cassidy did. She was a little-known but very talented performer who died way too young (kinda like IZZY). There are some Youtube vids of her.

Not exactly dance music....

Kind of like the movie The Deer Hunter, with miles of tall stately (northwest) doug fir trees in the supposed middle of PA.
Hunted there for years, never came across a red stag, either!

Reactions: BrotherBart
That's OK. In Apocalypse Now the F-5s that roll in and set off the "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." firestorm didn't have any ordnance mounted. Just the aux fuel tank under the belly. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.