Source for Liner Insulation Fragment and other insulation questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spur0701

Jun 12, 2008
Southern Maryland
I'm getting ready to order my liner, but I need 30' of 6" liner and it seems the on-line retailers where I've been pricing only sell insulation kits in 25' sections/increments.....where can I get another 5' of insulation or how should I handle that? I stopped by my local hearth shop but they were quoting me $1200 for a 30" liner with insulation and they scared me outta there.

Another question was on insulating the fireplace before I install the insert, my fireplace is on the end of the house on the outside and is pretty massive. I'm making a block off plate and have rockwool on order to provide some insulation above that.......and I seem to remember reading a post recently about insulating the insert from the mass of masonary but can't seem to find it again even with some searches...can I get some advice on that?

I just ordered my insert and liner from dynamitebuys.com. Sean was very helpful getting everything I needed you might call or email him and see if he can get you the length you need. I got a better price than any of the online liner places quoted me.

If I can find a local source for rock wool batts other than the small one I found in my attic I will insulate around the insert as well. My fireplace is an exterior type as also. One of the two local stove shops was willing to sell me liner insulation 24" wide for $12 a foot you might try somebody else as well as Ebay.

Yup, that's the thread, thanks Master!

Thanks for the tip burlymike, I talked to Sean and he set me up with a liner kit at a great price which including shipping. He was out of the insulation kits so I just ended up buying some insulation and mesh from another site (way cheaper than the kits cost) and with the Kaowool I picked up from eBay for my fireplace and block-off plate insulation I should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.